Friday, January 22, 2010

A busy week!


This week we have enjoyed celebrating two birthdays for two special little boys. This was not only a great excuse to make kiddy cards but I also got to have fun with baking!

To help my friend Helen with the party preparations I made these little cupcakes for Kyan's 2nd Birthday Party. It's been that hot in our part of Queensland, that I had to turn the air conditioning on in the house just to keep the butter cream on the cakes. I had such a fun time decorating each little one....if they weren't so fattening I'd be making them every week!!! The very day after Kyan's party I made this cute little 1st birthday card for my friend's little boy, Patrick. The cute little elephant, giraffe and crocodile come from SU's Wild About You Set. I've teamed it with one of my favourite Design Series Papers from last year.....such a pity I can't get it anymore.

This little cutey also gave me a chance to test out the new Cutter Bee Circle Scissors from Stampin Up! I love circular cards!!! The Cutter Bee makes super clean cuts in seconds. Much better than my daggy hand scissor cut circles! Expect to see many more circle cards in the coming posts.

1 comment:

Chook said...

And they were just the best cupcakes too. Thanks Mel. Lovin' that circle card...so cute