Monday, May 4, 2009

Fraser Island - Trek into Hidden Valley.

This weekend we headed to Fraser for the long weekend. The weather had been perfect the week before but unfortunately turned rather windy and overcast for most of our 3 days. My childhood Fraser friend and fellow papercraft fanatic, Helen invited us to go for a trip into Hidden Valley. My parents had frequented this area when they were in their 20's and 30's and had taken my brother and I as little ones for many adventures into this desert like sandblow.
One of the interesting things to look for in the valley is sand now formed into rock that has been hit by lightning. I should have taken a photo of some. It almost has a glass sound when tapped.
The boys thought that they would test out their fitness by climbing up the dune on the top left of this photo. If I hadn't have been 29 weeks pregnant and carrying a 10kg toddler, I would have loved to have gone up for a look at the view. Maybe I'll add it to my after baby fitness schedule.

No comments: