Monday, June 22, 2009

5 Ingredients Busy Mum Biscuits!!!

One of my other passions in life is baking.....not that I do much of it these days. My hubby banned me from baking him anymore treats due to his expanding waist line (apparently!!!!! Have you seen my lean mean man?)

With Bub number 2 quickly approaching I wanted to be organised for all those baby crazy visitors I'm going to be entertaining in the weeks after Bub 2s arrives. These biscuits come from my friend Andrea. She introduced me to the convenience of these quick little yummy treats during our Easter trip to Teewah. You simply make the mix, roll into logs and then freeze. Ready for unexpected visitors. When you need a quick treat, just defrost and cut into rounds, press with a fork and bake for 10-15 minutes in a 200c oven. So yummy and so quick!!!
Busy Mum Biscuits
500g soft butter
1 cup sugar
1 tin sweetened condensed milk
5 cups of SR Flour
1 packet choc chips (250g)

Cream butter and Sugar. Sift in SR Flour. Add Condensed Milk and Choc Chips.
Stir together. Roll into balls and bake at 200c for 10-15 minutes or roll into logs and cover with Cling Wrap (for freezing and baking later).
This mix makes about 5 batches of small biscuits. You don't just have to add choc chips, I added mini M&Ms, white choc chips and other people have also substituted nuts. Once you try these you'll be hooked!!!!

2 comments:

Chook said...

Thanks for sharing. I stopped at Andy's to buy a couple of things this arvo, 2 being more butter and flour so I could make these biscuits. Guess who walked out of the shop without buying the flour. I got sidetracked by other yummies I totally forgot it. Oh well, tomorrow.

Alana Galagher said...

Thanks for the recipe Mel. Just made a batch, put 1/2 in the freezer & the kids have already eaten half of the rest .... verdict is 'they taste great Mum!' :-)